Monday, February 12, 2007

I need some sun

my husband is officially on vacation. Friday afternoon found me in a mood that made me want to jump in our mini-van and just drive south. I started checking out the weather around the country and checking out family cottage rentals in the warm area. Of course these were just pipe dreams and where are we really going? Somewhere colder and with much more snow and 400 miles more northernly--the Upper Peninsula! No $$$ for a real vacation.

We brought F/C to the planetarium on campus yesterday afternoon for their family show, Mister Rogers Neighborhood Meet the Sky. Luckily it was short but after that was over they turned the lights off and did the tour of the night sky and what you can look for. Carter was having none of it and started pissing and moaning so i grabbed our coats and tried to find the exit in the pitch dark. I found the door by walking against the wall and looking for an opening. So, i exit and find out i have exited out the back door and find myself outside the building and locked out. We had to walk all the way to the front of the building and we find that the front door is locked because there is a show going on! I had no keys to the car so Carter and I were stuck outside waiting for the show to get over. Luckily we were only out there 10 minutes until someone saw us and let us in!

We then went to the Dairy Store on campus. MSU makes it own ice cream on site and it is delicious and cheap. I know it is February and cold but i hadn't had any of their ice cream in months and needed it.

We are pondering a day trip to Detroit today to bring the 11 year old to the Human Body show at the Detroit Science Museum. I was hoping to hit the Art Museum which we haven't gone to in over a year but it is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays--damn them.

Carter's new stage is to run around and collapsing on the ground repeating, "You don't love me....you don't love me" if anything happens that he doesn't like or if we say no to him. Endearing.

No comments: